Sunday, October 23, 2011

Road Trip to Dallas

Yesterday I had to travel to Dallas to recycle old computer parts. Because I made the trip early, I decided to stop by and visit the Occupy Dallas movement. I was especially encouraged when I learned they would be marching on the Fed.

It took me awhile to find their camp, but eventually I found it. Contrary to what you have heard from the media, it was a clean, well kept camp.

The first view of the camp.

A couple of other pictures. Not the way the media describes it at all!

The library

AHA! Bongo Drums! I KNEW this was a subversive group!

The march as long and the weather was hot for late October. We had a lot of marchers and everything was orderly and well organized. This was a great and diverse group of people, sick of seeing a system that works for the few at the expense of the many. Along the way, we were encouraged by honks and shouts of support from bystanders and a lady at a drivethru window that danced in step with the chants of the protestors. It was a great day to be out, and a great group of folks. If you are in or near Dallas, I strongly encourage you to drop by and just offer your support even if you can't march.

Here are some other pictures from the march:

No comments:

Post a Comment