Thursday, November 17, 2011

Occupy Dallas Eviction: Update

I will blog updates on the Occupy Dallas eviction as I get them.

Here is a piece from the Dallas Observer blogs. It is a firsthand account, and the information is consistent with what I have been hearing. The most disturbing element to me is the fact that police are removing the media, "to keep them safe".

From WHOM, precisely? It seems to me in a conflict that the armed elements are more likely to pose a danger than the unarmed elements. And who were the armed elements, the guys with pickets, markers, and signboards, or the guys with riot gear, guns, and pepper spray?

We allow media in a war zone, but not in a raid on a peaceful protest? Sounds fishy to me, folks. And if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and smells like a duck, it's probably a DPD officer in an overreach of their Constitutional authority!

People, it's time to wake up! You may disagree with me, you may disagree with the movement, but if you stand for free speech, if you stand for democracy, you should agree with our right to be heard. We WILL NOT be silenced!

As with my earlier post, I will ask again, where is President Obama as this is going on? To answer that question, I checked his schedule. As of 8:55PM ET last night, he was en route from Canberra to Darwin, Australia. (source). That's right; as the country is in domestic turmoil, our President is conveniently out of pocket. Given the fact that mayors coordinated these raids, can this be coincidental?

For the truly curious, here is the source of my information:

Activists stood the line in demanding accountability for Bush and Cheney. It's time to do the same for President Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment